Cucumber is a food that is associated with weight loss and is famous for its high water content, which makes it an important source of hydration. However, it has many other advantages, thanks to which it is an essential element in cosmetics and in any balanced diet. As explained by the experts at www.nutritienda.com, cucumber is a vegetable that does not contain fat and is very low in calories. In fact, 100 grams barely provide 13 kilocalories. It is one of the reasons why it is so famous and is often included in weight loss diets. But those are not its only benefits:
1. Rich in vitamins and mineralsCucumber has become one of the star ingredients in cosmetic treatments and a staple in many recipes thanks to its large amount of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant on the skin and also contributes to the proper functioning of cartilage and bones.
In lesser amounts, cucumbers provide vitamin A, also known as retinol. This vitamin contributes, among other functions, to the formation of collagen to keep the skin hydrated and protected against external agents. It is also one of the main ingredients for skin elasticity treatments and anti-aging creams. On the other hand, vitamin A also contributes to the maintenance of vision.
In addition, it provides small amounts of folates, a B vitamin that helps in the production of the famous DNA and other types of genetic material. It is also necessary for cell division in the body and to make red blood cells. In addition, it has thiamine and niacin that help the body's cells to convert carbohydrates into energy. If we consume it with its skin, we will find small amounts of b-carotene, a compound that causes a beautiful golden pigmentation on the skin. As for minerals, the most abundant in it is potassium, a mineral that regulates blood pressure.
In lesser proportion are phosphorus, magnesium and iron. These minerals have many functions in the body. For example, magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis and contributes to electrolyte balance. In other words, it helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function as well as energy metabolism. Iron, for its part, contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system while phosphorus helps maintain bones and teeth.
2. Helps hydrationAbout 96% of cucumber is water. It is a great source of hydration, which makes it very useful for those who find it difficult to drink the recommended daily minimum of water, it is also essential for those with dry or dehydrated skin, something that at this time of year produces cold and the heating.
3. Contains fiber Cucumber, if combined with other vegetables, makes the contribution of fiber to the body considerable, which facilitates digestion and increases the feeling of satiety. It is one of the main reasons why it is an essential component in any diet to control weight. Consequently, it reduces appetite and improves intestinal transit. It is also diuretic and favors the good activity of the kidneys.
👀👀👀 me researching how to become an English teacher in Spain.— Maggie Russo Wed Nov 04 03:24:42 +0000 2020
4. It has decongestant properties When we think of a beauty ritual, the image of a person with two slices of cucumber over their eyes immediately comes to mind. And it is not for less: the high water content of this vegetable helps to hydrate and reduce inflammation around the eyes. It is very effective in reducing dark circles and puffiness.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties of cucumberIt is another advantage of its high water content. Cucumber is a natural anti-inflammatory that has soothing and regenerating properties on the skin when used topically, which is essential to combat certain skin problems, such as acne, which is why it is a star ingredient for the manufacture of cosmetics. In addition, it also contributes to reducing the spots and scars left by pimples, as well as the famous beauty trick of reducing the color of dark circles under the eyes.
6. It is an antioxidantFoods that have antioxidant properties, as is the case with cucumber thanks to the aforementioned vitamin C, reduce the damage caused by free radicals, molecules that are generated naturally in the body and that are the cause of cellular aging. Thus, antioxidants are essential in any beauty routine as they provide luminosity to our skin and prevent premature aging, thus delaying the signs of aging.
Its anti-inflammatory properties make it a basic ingredient for anti-acne cosmetics. Cucumber masks, cleansing gels and creams will help pimples and the marks derived from them to disappear. It is a component of cosmetics that especially oily and sensitive skins benefit from.
In cosmetics for dry and dehydrated skin, body gels and creams that contain it will provide a great extra hydration for skin that needs it most. It is also a very useful ingredient in make-up removal products, as it ensures that they do not dry out while removing dirt and make-up from the face.
In products for dry and weak hair Its great contribution of hydration makes it a basic ingredient in shampoos for frizzy and dry hair. It manages to hydrate and purify the scalp, while helping the hair to grow stronger. Likewise, its high content of vitamins influences. For example, vitamin A is a great source of antioxidants and helps to hydrate hair; and group B vitamins favor the transport of oxygen to the scalp, which makes the hair grow strong and healthy.